Tuesday, April 7, 2009

wrappin' up a grand weekend

Last weekend so flew by...way too fast. Mauri went to a teen girl's retreat at Green Acres Baptist in Tyler, Texas by SAGE ministries. She had a great time. They left at 4:00 PM on Friday and returned around 9:00 PM Saturday. Then she had to be at church at 7:30 AM to practice for a sticks routine with Arise My Love. They did a great job. We went to early church to watch their performance, Sunday School, and left around 11:00 to eat lunch.

The crew (20 people: 5 adults and 15 students) left on the bus around 12:45 PM. We arrived at Centurytel Center at 2:10 PM, stood in line for 2 1/2 hours before the doors opened at 4:40 ish. We actually got to attend The Rock and Worship Roadshow Tour with Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, Hawk Nelson, Tenth Avenue North, and a new group called Sidewalk Prophets. Addison Road was suppose to be there but the lead singer went into labor two days before our concert so I guess they had a good excuse to miss. That is why the new band came in their place. The concert was suppose to start at 6:00 but started at 5:40 instead. That was awesome. It wasn't over until 9:15. It was only a $10.00 concert. That was incredible for such an awesome concert. I had a great time and I think the kids had an even greater time. I am in awe at how God continually speaks to me no matter where I go and what event I attend. This was so good for me.

The coolest part for the kids attending with us is when the lead singer of Hawk Nelson came to the floor, walked across 7 rows of seats, and sang to our kiddos. That was amazing. David got it on camera and Tim, our pastor's youngest son, got in on video using his camera. Hopefully, after Caleb works on the video with Tim, I'll be able to post it on the blog.


Caleb had the math TAKS test today. He was pretty nervous. He doesn't think he did well, but he hasn't on all of the practice math TAKS tests this year. So I'm hopeful and prayed up that God helped in pass the math TAKS for 8th grade. He has to pass all TAKS test to promote to high school, so he is nervous about the testing. He already passed the reading TAKS and was commended with only missing two. Praise the Lord! He only has social studies and science TAKS left for this year.

We got Mauri's prom pics from the lady last night who took her pics downtown in Texarkana. That was great. I so enjoy looking at them. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out.

Mauri and Caleb both had friends over last night. Tonight though not at all -- too much homework. Mauri is working on her English IV research paper due Thursday night. Caleb has chapter 8 of his 8th grade English paper due tomorrow so he's been writing or editing his favorite education, a poem to about vacations, as well as had to locate and print out pics from his favorite vacation. He also has his 2nd presidents paper due next week so he had to work on that with dad tonight too. He also had to correct a science paper. I think they are both a little overwhelmed with classwork tonight to say the least.

I guess I've got my update complete now.

No comments:

Post a Comment