Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Weekend!

What a whirlwind of a weekend. We left Thursday at 6 PM to head to Illinois. We spent the night about 5 hours away. Then, drove the rest of the way on Friday. We arrived in Paris about 4 PM.

Mauri took the ACT in Terre Haute, IN on Saturday morning. She found out that they are an hour ahead of Illinois time so she had to be at the ACT at 7 AM not 8 AM. We were exhausted. She felt good about the test. I am so proud of her. Dad and mom took us to Indiana State University where she tested. Mom and I went to pick her up at 1:00 Illinois time and the anniversary celebration began at 2:00. They had a great turn out. I am proud of their 50th Wedding Anniversary. I've never known a couple make it 50 years. What an accomplishment!

Sunday we checked out of our hotel by 10 and headed to the Ford's house. We had lunch and visited until 2. We headed home shortly after and drove 7 hours to Forest City, AR. We spent the night in a very spa-like Hampton Inn. We left at 8:30 AM this morning to take the last stretch of our trip. Kim and Eric's family had to head home so they had 3 more hours after we arrived home.

Kimmy and Eric changed cars with mom and dad so we could take Mauri to see Ouachita Baptist University...Kimmy's alma mater. We got to mom and dad's about 1:00. We ate pizza, visited, and then headed home. We finally made it home around 3. Tonight, I went to my summer Bible study at 6:30. Mauri, Caleb and I ate at Amigo Juans. Mauri and I are home while Caleb went to spend the night with a friend. What a busy and different day. I was summonsed to jury duty but PRAISE THE LORD I do not have to report. I'm exhausted. I think it's time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you didn't have jury duty since you stayed up until 3 AM!!!! You are crazy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete