Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

What a great way to start your day --- with a new year...a JESUS year!

We rang in the year like no other before: my husband and I went grocery shopping at Wal-mart from 10:10 PM - 11:20 PM. I could NOT believe we spent $220.00 on groceries. I don't think we've ever done this before. We didn't by anything except groceries. I'm sure it was because of all the nutritious morsels we purchased in order to start our year off in a healthier way. ;) The kids rang in the new year with the youth group from 9:30 PM - 12:30 AM. We have an awesome youth pastor. I truly appreciate his wife and he opening the Family Life Center for the kids to have a safe place to ring in the new year. Especially since they are expecting their first born tomorrow. They are a great pair.

I have already journaled today, read a few chapters of Experiencing God Around the Kitchen Table, and chosen my first Scripture to memorize for the year. Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." I am going to go to BAMM to purchase the One Year Chronological Order Bible to start that today as well. I am embarrassed to say I have never read the Bible completely through cover to cover in a year.

I am so looking forward to a healthier new me: mind, body, and soul. God is so good and I am looking forward to the lessons He has set out for me to learn this year. I just hope I learn them quickly and apply them immediately so I can learn as much as He has in store for me.

May God bless you and your family throughout 2009!

Shellye

No comments:

Post a Comment