Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scripture Memory #2

Ephesians 4:25-32 (The Message)

25 What this adds up to, then, is this: no more lies, no more pretense. Tell your neighbor the truth. In Christ's body we're all connected to each other, after all. When you lie to others, you end up lying to yourself.

26-27 Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Don't go to bed angry. Don't give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life.

28 Did you use to make ends meet by stealing? Well, no more! Get an honest job so that you can help others who can't work.

29 Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift.

30 Don't grieve God. Don't break his heart. His Holy Spirit, moving and breathing in you, is the most intimate part of your life, making you fit for himself. Don't take such a gift for granted.

31-32 Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.



I think I've challenged myself a bit with my Scripture Memory #2 for the year. The first memory verse for the year is Isaiah 26:4 . "You keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is kept on you because he trusts in You." I love this verse. I needed this verse for the beginning of 2009.

I need the verses of Scripture found in Ephesians 4:25-32 too. I think I have a mental block. I like to memorize Scripture from NKJV. BUT, I think I'm going to change and memorize these 7 verses from Ephesians 4 from The Message. It just is easier for me to totally understand the verses. I best get busy I think today is the 24th and I must have it memorized by the 30th so I'm going to work on it throughout this day.

Shellye

P.S. Mauri and I did go tot he doctor again at 4 PM. She now has an upper respiratory infection and I have tonsillitis. Dear LORD... we are ready to be healed and back among the living and going. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment